Idea/request: If you have a DUB project, add a code.dlang.org badge to README

Colden Cullen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 09:03:57 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 21:22:01 UTC, Kiith-Sa wrote:
> (accidentally posted this into D.learn first, was intended to
> be here)
>
> A few weeks/months ago someone here mentioned that it'd be good
> if DUB projects linked to code.dlang.org to help anyone who runs
> into such a project quickly discover other D projects.
>
> MAny GitHub projects have "badges"/"shields" on top of their
> READMEs - little image strips showing things like continuous
> integration status, code coverage, etc.
>
> There's also a service generating these: shields.io
>
> I generated a simple "listed at| code.dlang.org" shield, and
> added it to my project READMEs as a link pointing to
> code.dlang.org for example, see D:YAML README:
>
>   https://github.com/kiith-sa/D-YAML
>
> You can do the same by either linking to or downloading the
> shield:
>

> https://img.shields.io/badge/listed%20at-code.dlang.org-red.png
>
> (used red... because mars)
>
> and putting the image (whether as a link to shields.io or your
> own copy) into your README.
>

> It's not likely to be a huge improvement, but I expect it *can*
> help people notice more D projects and it's trivial to do.

Thank you for raising awareness of this! It'd be great to see
more awareness for dub from people not intimately familiar with D.

I also currently have a PR pending with dub-registry[1] to add a
download stats API, so that we could have the same badges as all
of the other package managers. As soon as that PR gets merged, a
friend and I are going to PR download and version badges to
shields.io directly. The other common badge type, whether or not
dependencies are up to date, could also be pretty trivial to add
to the API.

[1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub-registry/pull/76