Improving ddoc

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 17:41:49 PST 2015

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 11:57:37 -0800
Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Is also hard to read. Yes, I'm being facetious, but take a look at those
> examples posted here about how ugly Ddoc is - they're of that category.
and you know why? 'cause nobody cares to make 'em human readable, as
it's almost impossible with Ddoc. so why someone should waste his time
on that?

on contrary, human-readable markup tend to be formatted to be actually
human-readable.

yet i will not argue anymore, as you seem to ignore the fact that most
people don't want to do DTP in API documentation.

this is very easy to judge: just preapprove markdown-like parser for
documentation (without throwing off Ddoc) and then see what people will
use most of the time. i bet you know the answer.