Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 02:16:44 PST 2015

On 2 January 2015 at 15:12, pops via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>   Regarding debuggers: keep in mind, windows debuggers
> are light years ahead of GDB and friends.
>
>   What Linux people refer to as a debugger looks like a stone age
> tool to me.

I'm pretty sure this is almost entirely a problem with typical linux
IDE's UIs. Most of them are just pretty thin, inflexible, or awkward.
I think GDB actually has more features than VC's debugger(?). At
least, they should be basically the same with a sufficient UI.

GDB actually knows about D thanks to a bunch of work Iain has done...
I don't think we're gonna get that from MS any time soon.
I'm hoping LLDB will support coff+pdb in time, only then do I imagine
we'll have a hope at robust debugging of D code in windows.