What's up with the windows headers?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 10:32:24 PST 2015

On Friday, 2 January 2015 at 17:29:38 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> No way! First I've heard of it.

check it out: http://dlang.org/download.html

It looks like what I wanted: same folder structure, 1/5 the
download size per OS. (I like to download the Windows and Linux
together, I then cross compile with Wine, but I don't need Mac
and BSD.)

> That's probably the #1 blocker of never integrating the Windows
> bindings to the zip. No idea who makes the zips though.

Anybody know? Once we get that winapi package in the default
import path, we can go ahead and compile the little functions
right in and drop in all the updated 32 bit OMF libs....

and then we Windows programmers can actually rely on it to work!
Simpledisplay.d could slice out like 1,000 lines... it wouldn't
need to version=with_opengl anymore... my comhelpers would just
work.

Ooooh, it'd be a renaissance of D on Windows!

And best of all, no more new folks running away saying D on
Windows sucks.