Improving ddoc

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 13:03:44 PST 2015

> On 1/1/15 1:59 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> I do however still think that using $( ) to delineate start and end of
>> macro blocks is a bad choice given the prevalence of ( ) in code.
>
> s/think/believe/ seeing as you bring awfully little evidence to back that up. --
> Andrei

The thing is, ( ) naturally pair in code, and naturally paired ( ) are not an
issue in Ddoc. One never sees [..) in code (maybe Mathematica supports it).

Grep the Phobos sources, the only stray paren issue in it is the use of [..) in
a few places in the documentation. I know it's irritating for you, but it simply
is not prevalent.