Improving ddoc

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 13:40:57 PST 2015

On Friday, 2 January 2015 at 21:23:52 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Er, I believe I posted an example of just that :-)

error stray paren :) Uh oh, another one!

It actually is kinda a pity to me that it is such a common
character. In my macro expander I wrote for css uses this weird
character: ¤ to start a macro. That way, I could be reasonably
sure it would never show up anywhere else, simplifying the code a
bit.

By mapping it to F7 in my editor, it is easily available despite
not being on the keyboard, and it is even in the 8-bit character
set my old fonts use, so it would show up there too.

Imagine if macros were: ¤“name ‗ argument ‗ arg2”!

But I don't suppose we can ask people to map hotkeys to
conveniently write the docs either :(