What's up with the windows headers?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 13:57:08 PST 2015

On Friday, 2 January 2015 at 21:48:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> When you find yourself inserting the necessary definitions
> manually in your code, file a PR as well to put them in
> windows.d.

How would you feel about a PR to dump that whole win32 bindings
into the druntime tree?

I'll change the module names from win32.xxx over to
core.sys.windows.xxx so it blends in, but it would be a wholesale
copy of the public domain MinGW based headers.

Then we wouldn't even have incompatiblity between
core.sys.windows.windows.HANDLE and win32.windows.HANDLE anymore.
It'd all go well together.

it *might* break instances where we've done manual bindings
before... but that'd be the good kind of breakages, we'd know we
can remove that useless code. (And the module system might even
keep it from actually breaking the build anyway.)

I'd say it is totally worth it. We have reasonably complete
core.stdc and core.sys.posix. Let's do the same with
core.sys.windows.