Improving ddoc

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 14:25:44 PST 2015

On 02/01/15 22:40, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 2 January 2015 at 21:23:52 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Er, I believe I posted an example of just that :-)
>
> error stray paren :) Uh oh, another one!
>
> It actually is kinda a pity to me that it is such a common character.

/**
   You know the worst thing?  I can't use emoticons
   in my ddoc ;-)

   This makes me very sad, and I can't even express
   my sadness without generating another warning. :-(

   Although I can, speaking tongue in cheek, see how some
   people might consider that a bonus. :-P
  */

> Imagine if macros were: ¤“name ‗ argument ‗ arg2”!
>

> But I don't suppose we can ask people to map hotkeys to conveniently write the
> docs either :(

Seriously: how feasible could it be to address the issue by delineating the
start and end of macros by a _pair_ of characters, reducing the chance of ambiguity?

     $(NEW_MACRO this would be the new macro system)$