GSOC - Holiday Edition

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 16:15:38 PST 2015

On 3/01/2015 4:30 a.m., Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 January 2015 at 06:19:14 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> clip
>
>>> 10) Rikki had mentioned a 'Web Development' project, but I don't have
>>> enough to post on the project ideas page.  Are you still interested in
>>> doing this.
>>
>> Yes I am.
>> I don't know what I'm doing in the near future (need a job) so I can't
>> explore this too much.
>> But I know I will be able to mentor for it.
>>
>>> Hope that everyone has a great 2015, and I look forward to your
>>> feedback.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Craig
>
> It would be great to have you as a mentor, but we definitely need fairly
> solidly defined projects.  Any chance you can come up with something by
> the end of January.
>
> Craig

Indeed.
I created a list for Cmsed
https://github.com/rikkimax/Cmsed/wiki/Road-map#what-does-other-web-service-frameworks-offer
Right now it basically comes down to e.g. QR code, bar code, PDF.
QR and bar code isn't that hard. Not really a GSOC project.
PDF definitely is worthy.

PDF is an interesting case, it needs e.g. PostScript support. And
preferably image and font loading/exporting.
So it might be a good worth while project. As it expands out into
numerous other projects.