GSOC - Holiday Edition

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 19:33:26 PST 2015

On 3/01/2015 3:59 p.m., Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 January 2015 at 00:15:42 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>> On 3/01/2015 4:30 a.m., Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
>>> On Thursday, 1 January 2015 at 06:19:14 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>>> clip

>>> It would be great to have you as a mentor, but we definitely need fairly
>>> solidly defined projects.  Any chance you can come up with something by
>>> the end of January.
>>>
>>> Craig
>>
>> Indeed.
>> I created a list for Cmsed
>> https://github.com/rikkimax/Cmsed/wiki/Road-map#what-does-other-web-service-frameworks-offer
>>
>> Right now it basically comes down to e.g. QR code, bar code, PDF.
>> QR and bar code isn't that hard. Not really a GSOC project.
>> PDF definitely is worthy.
>>
>> PDF is an interesting case, it needs e.g. PostScript support. And
>> preferably image and font loading/exporting.
>> So it might be a good worth while project. As it expands out into
>> numerous other projects.
>
> Thanks.  Would you like to add something to the Wiki, or would you
> prefer if I did so.  Also, what license are you using?
>
> Cheers,
> Craig

When it comes to my open source code bases I have two rules.
- If you use it commercially at the very least donate what its worth to you.
- For non commercial, as long as I'm not held liable you are free to use
it in any way you want. At the very least, get involved e.g. PR's, issues.
So liberal licenses like MIT, BSD. Which are compatible with e.g. BOOST.

Please do write up a skeleton for me on the wiki. I can pad it out. Will
help to keep things consistent.