InternetAddress comparison fail

Jon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 21:51:46 PST 2015

On Saturday, 3 January 2015 at 05:40:33 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 1/3/15 12:32 AM, Jon wrote:
>
>> Still, shouldn't the == operator do a deep compare of the two
>> InternetAddress objects in the absence of a defined opEquals
>> method? I
>> don't see why it should fail in the above example.
>
> InternetAddress is a class. Default comparison for class is
> identity (refer to the same object).
>
> -Steve

Thanks for clearing that up - it's been a while since I've played
with D. Maybe back in D1 it did a deep compare?

The docs still refer to == as doing a comparison of the object's
contents though, unless I'm misreading it.

Under http://dlang.org/expression: "For class objects, the == and
!= operators compare the contents of the objects." Maybe this
needs to be updated.

Thanks,
  -Jon