Improving ddoc

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 3 00:38:07 PST 2015

On 2015-01-02 15:12, Mathias LANG wrote:

> I don't see it being useful for Phobos, or any other library. Have one
> doc with the public API available, optionally another one for the
> framework/lib devs (but those often prefers the code).

I see that being useful for any open source library. I don't mind having
an option to enable/disable generating documentation for private symbols.

> Strongly agree for the constraints. For __FILE__ & __LINE__, what would
> it affects ? I can think of exception-related stuff, anything else ?

A perfect example where this is a big issue is the upcoming std.logger
[1]. It looks absolutely horrible. Every logging functions has five of
these arguments and in 99.99% of the cases you do not need to pass these
arguments manually.

[1] http://burner.github.io/phobos/phobos-prerelease/std_logger_core.html

--
/Jacob Carlborg