GSOC - Holiday Edition

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 4 19:38:15 PST 2015

On Saturday, 3 January 2015 at 14:14:42 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> What changes did you have in mind?

I forgot to mention in my last post your proposal for moving
TypeInfo to the runtime [1] is also one of the changes I had in
mind. It would be an excellent start, an important precedent, and
would avoid the ridiculous TypeInfo-faking hack necessary to get
a build.

It's exactly silly hacks like that that degrade the experience. I
don't have the skills to fix it, and even if I did, I'm confident
it wouldn't be welcome due to the aversion to change in the
leadership and community.  This is why I'm saying bare-metal
programming in D will need to fork and break with this community
and its current philosophy for it to be a real contender with
C/C++ in this domain.

Mike

[1]
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/bug-12270-3@https.d.puremagic.com%2Fissues%2F