call for GC benchmarks

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 5 02:26:10 PST 2015

Am 04.01.2015 um 06:37 schrieb Martin Nowak:
> I'd like to have a few more real world GC benchmarks in druntime.
> The current ones are all rather micro-benchmarks, some of them don't
> even create garbage.
>
> So if someone has a program that is heavily GC limited, I'd be
> interested in seeing that converted to a benchmark.
>
> Made the start with one
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/1078 that
> resembles a mysql to mongodb importer I wrote recently.

I have a 3D Space shooter implemented in D. Before I transitioned it
over to complete manual memory management, the GC was the biggest
bottleneck. Would you be interrested in something like that as well, or
are smaller applications with a command line interface preferred?
If you are interrested I might be able to branch of a old revision and
make it compile with the latest dmd again.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut