D and Nim

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 5 08:18:05 PST 2015

On Monday, 5 January 2015 at 14:52:00 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
> For your reference, http://isocpp.org/files/papers/n4028.pdf

Yeah, I saw that one, but when ABI was brought up in one of the
CppCon videos I perceived a lack of enthusiasm among the other
committee members. Maybe I got the wrong impression, we'll see...

> It also remains to be seen what Apple and Microsoft do with
> their new babies (Swift, .NET Native, Dafny).

Yes. I bet the management of big corporations often focus more on
what the competitors are doing than pure technical merits. So I
am pretty sure that Microsoft is keen to have something like
Swift, just in case. I guess that means increased internal
pressure to make C# shine in the C++ domain...