http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP25

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 5 14:17:59 PST 2015

On Sunday, 4 January 2015 at 01:12:14 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> It's like this: ref is a massive problem when it finds it's way
> into meta.
> ref is relatively rare today... so the problem is occasional.
> scope on the other hand will be epic compared to ref. If we
> infer
> scope (which we'll probably need to), chances are, the vast
> majority
> of functions will involve scope.
> We can't have the trouble with ref (read: trouble with 'storage
> class') applied to the majority of functions.

Hey Manu, I think it would still be a good idea to provide code
examples of your points right in the forums. I was able to look
at the file from luaD and see how the problems were occurring,
but it would hasten my understanding just to see several 'reduced
test cases' of that example and others, if possible.