http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP25

Dominikus Dittes Scherkl via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 6 01:51:50 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 6 January 2015 at 09:11:10 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Dominikus Dittes Scherkl:
>
>> Yeah. I wish it would be possilbe to do something like:
>>
>> alias @smooth = @save pure nothrow @nogc;
>>
>> and then use this instead.
>
> You most probably want something more principled instead, as
> the algebra of effects of Koka language
> (http://rise4fun.com/Koka/tutorial/guide ) or something even
> better.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Sounds interesting, but would be hard to cover other attributes
(or effects) like @save and @nogc within this system.
And I think using alias for creating combined attributes by hand
would be easy to implement, not breaking any existing code and
handy enough for most common combinations.
And by the way, this would also allow to define ore remove the @
as one wiches:
alias nogc = @nogc;
or vice versa: