Kill as soon as possible the special case handling of tuples in foreach

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 6 13:10:04 PST 2015

deadalnix:

> Tuple unpacking is necessary for things like bypair. Why not
> unpack consistently ?

I'm all for unpacking consistently, but to reach consistency you
first have to break something, the iteration on arrays or the
iteration on ranges of tuples. The first is documented and it's
present since D1, the second is recent and undocumented and it
causes evolution troubles for D toward possible implementations
of tuples. What do you want to kill? I prefer to kill the second,
and do it yesterday.

Bye,
bearophile