Phobos colour module?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 6 22:07:17 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 04:52:25PM +1100, Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> "Walter Bright"  wrote in message news:m8haem$29hc$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
> >I thought it did allow painting of the form *(cast(T*)&t).
>
> Only for float and double, not real.

Ahhh now I remember what the problem was... there is no 80-bit integer
type, so using union painting is the only way to work with reals in
CTFE.

Of course, this *could* be construed to be a nail in the real coffin,
seeing that real is purportedly slower on modern hardware due to x87
being gradually phased out...

Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth. -- Alan Watts