Ready to make page-per-item ddocs the default?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 6 22:26:21 PST 2015

On 7/01/2015 7:20 p.m., Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 7 January 2015 at 08:43, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> Let's crowdsource the review. Please check the entries linked from here:
>> http://dlang.org/library/index.html.
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Another thought, since per-page docs result in a lot more page loads,
> this page *really* needs to be populated by ajax requests. It's
> wasteful to reload the whole page on every click.
> I'm in Australia, we don't really have internet in this country anymore!
>
> Is there a server that serves the raw data for the docs? It would be
> ideal for the client to format the page. We don't need to be sending
> HTML around.

I was thinking a little similarly.
But using DDOC to generate JSON.
Serve that from web server.

Something like https://github.com/rikkimax/client-templating could be
used to fill out based upon the data via widgets.

Of course then it won't be prefilled when served but meh.
Think Facebook's Big Pipe only more open.