An idea for commercial support for D

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 7 04:00:40 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 at 11:46:19 UTC, Iain Buclaw via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> That is where the value-for-money factor comes in.  I cannot
> see any
> traction occurring in Joakim's badly thought out idea unless
> you have
> some *new* to give.

I somehow feel that there is a commercial closed source
opportunity in reducing the feature set somewhat (and fix
critical bugs) then redo the memory model so that it performs
well in production.

It makes sense for a business that have 5 developers working on a
product to pay $10.000/year to get more productive. Of course,
this is a shaky business model since the ROI could go out the
window if the D community decides that a stable polished version
of D is a worthy goal...