Even better navigation - thanks Nick Treleaven!

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 7 15:41:20 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 03:33:23PM -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 03:18:02PM -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > We just deployed Nick's work at
> > https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/726, which enables
> > jump-to navigation for structures. For example, from
> > http://dlang.org/phobos/std_array.html#.Appender one can jump easily to its
> > methods.
> >
> > Thanks, Nick!
>
> Thanks, Nick!
>
> OTOH, there's yet more to fix. The most blatant being, can we please,
> pretty please with a cherry on top, REMOVE nested symbols like
> "front", "back", and "empty" from the blob of links at the top of the
> page??!  They are completely meaningless when put out of the context
> of their containing struct/class (a module like std.range may have
> several "front"s, and nobody knows which one points to which), and now
> with Nick's fix they are also redundant.
[...]

Actually, I take that back. In this particular case "front", "empty",
and friends are actually module-level UFCS functions. So actually, this
is no longer a problem. Hooray! And sorry for the noise.

Those who've learned LaTeX swear by it. Those who are learning LaTeX swear at it. -- Pete Bleackley