Phobos colour module?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 7 15:51:08 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 at 20:57:51 UTC, Xavier Bigand wrote:
> I think it can be interesting to provide some string formats
> can be directly converted into color structures.
>
> For example :
>  - plain color names : "red", "blue", "light gray",...
>  - hexadecimal : "#FF3CBB", "#FF3CBBAA" (same with alpha)
>  - decimal : "255, 158, 200", "255, 158, 200, 170"
>
> I think to that cause I saw many times tools using pretty close
> syntax for color definitions but with boring variations
> (generally for the alpha position).

It is defined in a w3c standard and refined in a draft, but
probably does not belong in the colour module, but a media-file
parser module?

However, the at least the following colour spaces are mentioned
as supported in w3c documents:

L*ab, L*CHab, HSL, HWB

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGColorPrimer12/

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-color/