An idea for commercial support for D

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 8 04:06:17 PST 2015

On Thursday, 8 January 2015 at 10:37:57 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> supply/demand curve for his product.  In this variable pricing
> model, the customer also takes some of that risk, ie you'll pay
> more if enough other people don't also want the product.

Businesses don't like risk. They need to estimate the total cost
before starting the project. I don't think you can advertising
"less bugs" as a feature. It has to be a real feature like better
performance.

Your assumption is that businesses start on a project and then
later discover that they cannot work within the limits of the
tools and are willing to pay a premium for it. Sure, that is
possible, but your business model is flawed because it is based
on your customers having a embarked on a project with a flawed
plan in order to become a customer.