4x4

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 8 11:02:10 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 10:50:10AM -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 1/8/15 9:16 AM, Kiith-Sa wrote:
> >
> >This is a problem with naming, not with DDox. It would look bad
> >regardless of generator, or regardless of documentation at all. You
> >could make it look slightly less bad, but you might end up hurting
> >other documentation. (I'm not implying  it should be renamed (bad
> >reason for breaking compatibility), but I see no point in changing
> >doc generation just because of some bad naming.)
>
> Sigh. No matter how I look at it, the same name repeated FOUR times
> only evokes Java's factory factory etc. -- Andrei

Yes, good ole Java verbosity with class Chocolate, class
ChocolateFactory, class ChocolateFactoryFactory, class ChocolateWrapper,
class ChocolateWrapperFactory, class
ChocolateWrapperFactoryFactoryWrapper, ad nauseaum. Utterly delicious.

</sarcasm> :-P

It won't be covered in the book. The source code has to be useful for something, after all. -- Larry Wall