Ready to make page-per-item ddocs the default?

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 8 13:01:49 PST 2015

>> Thoughts? I can put together a pull for core.stdc.* if it makes sense.
>
> Blurb LGTM, please make it happen. Also let's experiment with the ///'s.

Just to put a semaphore on this, I'm partway through doing this, please
don't someone else do it too, it's tedious work :)

A couple of questions though:

core.stdc.config is not technically a standard C header, and it seems
pretty strange. I'm going to leave that one alone unless someone objects.

There are many cases where the members are dependent on the OS. The one
that strikes me as the most OS dependent (so far) is errno.d. I'm
guessing that only one of those docs is going to go into the online
docs? Is there a standard way to make them all show up (with nice
categories to show which OS they apply to) which is not painful?

If not, then we really need a good way to solve this... An idea might be
to make a switch that tells the compiler to override it's internal
predefinitions (e.g. compile with -DWin32 on Linux) just for doc
generation, and have the resulting page have a way to "flavor" the page
based on the OS you select or browse from.

-Steve