NaCl/Emscripten

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 9 01:51:34 PST 2015

On Friday, 9 January 2015 at 09:28:22 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> I was gonna start hacking around to see what the limitations
> are with
> Emscripten on D code tonight. Has anyone done any serious
> investigation here?
>
> NaCl is a more useful target, but I think that will rely on a
> special
> build of LDC... has there been discussion about that before?

I have read the standard on ASM.js and some on NaCl. I think you
will run into trouble with the GC on both NaCl and ASM.js. If you
don't target ASM.js, then you probably could a completely new
backend for D that use the standard javascript collector and
still get some of the benefits. Remember that only Firefox
support ASM.js.