Game development

marwy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 9 04:06:12 PST 2015

On Friday, 9 January 2015 at 06:17:28 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:27:53 +0100
> Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 08/01/15 22:02, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> > am i fobidding someone to reply? O_O
>> >
>> > but yes, i want to create an impression that timewasters are
>> > not
>> > welcome.
>>
>> Well, it's one thing if you make that decision about people
>> who are in contact with you personally.  It's a bit different
>> if you are unilaterally deciding to make that decision as a
>> member of a collective forum of people, because in that case
>> it's a bit of an imposition on the rest of us.
> and if i'm not reacting, it's painting *me* wrong.
>
>> i.e. just because _you've_ decided that he's a timewaster,
>> doesn't make it OK for you to try and make him feel unwelcome
>> in a forum that belongs to a wider community.
> if he is intelligent enough, he will understand that nobody can
> talk
> for the whole community, so in the worst case he will ignore
> myself
> personally. if he is not intelligent enough... oh, well, as
> nobody else
> wants to be a judge, i will be one. i don't feel wrong calling
> someone
> "timewaster" if he *is* one. and i can smell 'em from a
> distance.

It's not about intelligence, and I'm surprised that an
intelligent man like you would think otherwise.
It's not reasonable to generalize community based upon only one
member of said community, but it still happens. Everywhere, to
everyone, because humans are like that. Instead of admitting of
being unwelcoming, you swing the other way and accuse people of
being not intelligent enough. That's absolutely ridiculous
behavior that should not be acceptable in any friendly community.
</rant>