Game development

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 10 05:23:50 PST 2015

On 1/10/2015 12:28 AM, Ras wrote:
> On Friday, 9 January 2015 at 13:22:14 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> On 1/9/2015 2:35 PM, Ras wrote:
>>

>>> No i dont. I want to use D language for as much as possible. The reason
>>> I want to use C++ for the engine is that it always has full support for
>>> DirectX.
>>
>> D has built-in support for COM and can interop with DX just fine.
>
> So how can I get started with Directx programming in D? Could you give
> me a link to maybe a binding or some projects on github?

You can find bindings for DX 9 & 10 as part of the Win32 API bindings at
[1]. Some work was done on a DX 11 binding for the Aurora graphics
project [2], but I don't know how complete it is. If you need DX 11,
though, it should serve as a good starting point.

[1]
https://github.com/CS-svnmirror/dsource-bindings-win32/tree/master/directx
[2] https://github.com/auroragraphics/directx