Is anyone working on a D source code formatting tool?

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 10 14:11:19 PST 2015

On 1/10/2015 12:17 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Has someone made a dfmt, like http://gofmt.com/ ?

Next question - standalone tool, or built in to dmd (like Ddoc)?

BTW, I think dfmt would be a significant win for D:

1. people expect this sort of thing these days
2. it tends to end bikeshedding arguments about the right way to format things
3. it'll help standardize the format of D code in the D repositories
4. it's simply nice and convenient!
5. it's a great first step when you're faced with fixing someone else's crap code

I don't think it'll be hard to do as a builtin feature of dmd.

My only concern about it is if dfmt is changed, then we get faced with a
blizzard of changes in the D github repositories.