Is it possible to collect object usage information during compilation?

DaveG via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 10 17:08:41 PST 2015

On Saturday, 10 January 2015 at 20:57:00 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 January 2015 at 20:51:44 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> That would be FreeTDS [1] with D bindings [2]. Unless
>> Microsoft have headers available for interfacing with SQL
>> Server.
>
> You can use ODBC if it is a Windows program. If you want to
> talk to  SQL Server from a Linux program though, FreeTDS is
> what you'll want.

In the past I have used FreeTDS, through PHP, and it had a lot of
problems. This was several years ago and could have been at least
partially due to the PHP layer.

Last year I messed around with the ODBC wrapper and got amazingly
poor performance, I believe the project was abandoned before I
figured out the problem. Anybody actually using this in D? I'll
have to write some tests and fire up the SQL profiler.