Discussion on groupBy

Peter Alexander via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 11 04:13:44 PST 2015

On Saturday, 10 January 2015 at 20:19:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> groupBy is an important primitive for relational algebra
> queries on data. Soon to follow are operators such as
> aggregate() which is a sort of reduce() but operating on ranges
> of ranges.

GroupBy is a very important range. It's one the first one ranges
I wrote when starting to write D code (being unsatisfied with the
existing "group" offering).

I agree with separating out the non-equivalence relation groupBy.
Having both under the same name just confuses matters and makes
for complex implementations.