Thoughts on replacement languages (Reddit + D)

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 11 06:48:29 PST 2015

On Sunday, 11 January 2015 at 14:03:05 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Reddit seems to have a constant stream of "random project in
> Go" posts. There was one this week that was a "command line
> websocket" and it was like 40 lines of code. Come on.
>
> I'm tempted to start posting every little thing I write in D to
> it too, but it'd just be spam!

You know what, if you push out the projects which are tiny
utilities that solves real world problems, then you might get
people interested.

If you can solve such real world problems in 40 lines of code it
is good marketing.

Isn't that the foundation of Python's popularity?
And perl before that?
And php?

Just do it! :)