Thoughts on replacement languages (Reddit + D)

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 11 11:38:10 PST 2015

ponce:

> Rust is supposed to replace C++, and it happens working in C++
> since years, I can't help but notice we actually have very few
> memory safety problems,

Are you always able to detect them? I think languages (and
programmers) that don't have a strict attitude toward memory
safety will be slowly left behind in the few next years. D is
lacking in this (and the scoping management should be able to
plug some holes, and in the meantime there is this:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4277 ).

Bye,
bearophile