Improving http://dlang.org/library/index.html

Peter Alexander via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 11 16:28:56 PST 2015

On Sunday, 11 January 2015 at 23:54:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 1/11/15 3:38 PM, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
>> what about making it multi column like on
>> http://en.cppreference.com/w/
>
> A nice possibility, though I do like the entity + blurb layout.
> -- Andrei

Most of those blurbs add little value beyond what the name of the
module already provides.

I'd prefer if they were ditched and instead the modules were
categorized into larger groups:

core - std.algorithm, std.range, std.array, etc.
io - std.file, std.csv, std.mmfile, etc.
strings - std.string, std.uni, std.utf, etc.
math - std.bigint, std.math, std.mathspecial, std.numeric, etc.
etc.

The purpose of that page (as I see it) is for people to find what
they need quickly. I think categorization would be a better
format to achieve that.