Ready to make page-per-item ddocs the default?

Mathias LANG via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 11 22:30:45 PST 2015

On Sunday, 11 January 2015 at 19:52:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

>>> Oh yah :o). Steve? -- Andrei
>>
>> Apparently, the documentation generator ignores items that are
>> tagged as
>> documented but without any substance.
>>
>> If I compile a simple doc with a "///" before an item, it does
>> show up
>> when I do dmd -D. So I have no idea how to make it work for
>> this new doc
>> system.
>
> Martin Nowak? Sönke Ludwig?
>
> Andrei

That's a feature, not a bug ! (tm)

I think what's going on is that `--only-documented` is somehow
specified. I had a glance at dlang.org and couldn't find the
flag, but it's present by default if you build with dub, and I
have no idea how Phobos' ddox are build ATM.

`--only-documented` filters everything that have an empty comment
out
(https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/blob/master/source/ddox/main.d#L193).
Which looks like a bug (or at least, something that has been
overlooked), as dmd differentiate between empty comment and no
comment.