Why exceptions for error handling is so important

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 12 03:14:12 PST 2015

On 1/12/2015 2:04 AM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Up to this point, I you reminded me of a talk by Joe Armstrong
> (inventor of Erlang)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKXe3HUG2l4

I've found another problem with Windows Moviemaker, it can read, but cannot
write, movies larger than 4Gb. Looks like some sort of internal 32 bit overflow.

I am once again a unique snowflake, because in googling around I can find nobody
else with this issue.

(I have many 6Gb video files, as they come from my old 6 hour VHS tapes made in
the 80's. I decided to digitize them and throw the tapes away. VHS tapes are
only supposed to last 10 years, I am frankly amazed that they are in good shape
after 30. My video capture device generates about 1Gb per hour of video.)