Thoughts on replacement languages (Reddit + D)

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 12 10:11:55 PST 2015

On Sunday, 11 January 2015 at 17:35:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 1/11/15 7:29 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Sunday, 11 January 2015 at 14:43:08 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>> Maybe we should do a comparison thread between D and Rust. It
>>> might be
>>> interesting, and perhaps encourage some improvements to D.
>>
>> I am actually writing a "Rust guide as read by D developer"
>> article now
>> making random notes on topic. But I don't see this affecting D
>> much as
>> most of the things  I liked in Rust more were also things I
>> complained
>> about in D for ages before.
>
> That sounds like a very interesting article. Looking forward to
> it. -- Andrei

http://blog.dicebot.lv/2015/01/thoughts-about-rust-from-d-programmer.html

Here it is, as promised. It is not very complete but it was
getting pretty damn long so I decided to limit myself to
something that caught my eye first.

I'd really appreciate someone doing the proof reading of my
terrible English before reddit'ing away :)