core.stdc.* documentation

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 12 10:38:51 PST 2015

>> On 1/11/15 7:29 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> I just fixed documentation to generate docs for all symbols in
>>> core.stdc.complex. Looks unhelpful:
>>>
>>> http://erdani.com/d/library-prerelease/core/stdc/complex.html
>>>
>>> Any idea on how to make this better?
>>
>> Yeah, ddox should put the prototype in the overview. How annoying to
>> have to click on the name to figure out what the function call requires
>> as parameters. Is there a command-line parameter to fix this?
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Yah, for stdc it seems the page-per-module approach is better. -- Andrei

The ideal for me would be:

1. Show function + prototype (even if prototype is cut short but has
popup to show full sig) and short description.
2. Have a "+" button or "more..." link that unhides the full docs inline.

Going to separate pages for each function is quite annoying.

In fact, I would say all leaf nodes should act this way instead of
having their own page specifically. You would still have user defined
constructs get their own page (classes, structs, templates, enums).

This would cut down tremendously on the noise and clicking.

-Steve