Why exceptions for error handling is so important

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 13 20:26:04 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 02:40:20 UTC, Jeremy Powers via
Digitalmars-d wrote:

>> http://www.artima.com/intv/handcuffs.html
>>
>> The best sum up of checked exception you'll find.
>>

> False.
>
> Unless you mean 'the best sum up of the problems people have
> with checked
> exceptions' - it gives a good description of how use of checked
> exceptions
> often goes wrong.

Full stop. I made that mistake myself various time, so I can talk
from experience here.

This is a completely wrong mindset. If people have problem with
checked exception, then there IS a problem with checked
exception, not people. You won't be able to change people, so
you'd better focus on changing checked exceptions.