What is the D plan's to become a used language?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 14 02:45:15 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 05:10:05 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I don't think it's that unusual for a native compiled language:
> can you find C++ snippets to write tweets?  I doubt it.  A
> compiled languages is just not the tool people usually grab to
> write such things.  D would like to break out of that box and
> be such a language, but it's probably not going to have a bunch
> of code written for small jobs like that yet.

I kinda agree, except:

«twitcurl is a pure C++ library for twitter APIs. twitcurl uses
cURL for handling HTTP requests and responses.»

https://code.google.com/p/twitcurl/
https://dev.twitter.com/overview/api/twitter-libraries

And Go has two twitter libraries...

There were a lot more people doing cute stuff like that for D1, I
think. It will probably come when D2 is more stable.