Common makefile (gasp) stuff

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 14 11:48:27 PST 2015

On 1/14/15 3:29 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "Andrei Alexandrescu"  wrote in message
> news:m95i3q$1t6$1 at digitalmars.com...
>

>> > I don't mind using include files, I mind adding more dependencies
>> > between projects.
>>
>> Why? Druntime depends on dmd. Phobos depends on dmd and druntime.
>> Dlang.org and tools depend on dmd, druntime, and phobos. It's a fact
>> of life.
>
> Druntime, phobos and dlang.org don't (currently) depend on dmd's source.

I see your point, though I'll note that DMD everywhere defaults to
../dmd/src/dmd (and that's a huge improvement from the time is was
defined as just dmd). But granted setting it in the command line would
make those independent of the dmd location.

So the question is - is there a place that's common to all?

Andrei