Why exceptions for error handling is so important

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 15 11:19:21 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 12:15:03 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 11:20:49 UTC, Marc Schütz
> wrote:
>> Without addressing anything else: You want moving here, not
>> copying.
>
> How can you move a value, it has no identity?

When you say "copy", I expect that to mean "do a bitwise copy and
call the postblit". Postblit is obviously not desired here, but
merely doing the bitwise copy is enough. That's a move, because
afterwards the original location isn't usable anymore (the
originating thread is dead).