css minification

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 16 12:31:57 PST 2015

On Friday, 16 January 2015 at 18:16:55 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I should also add that we already connect online to fetch
> LATEST from github. Incidentally today that takes forever :o).

We (and a lot of other people) already trust GitHub. Also, GitHub
is HTTPS-only.

> That's a rather dim view of online services :o).

This is not so much about online services in general, but more
about online services created by some random guy which process
code that will end up on our website. If the website was created
by a generally trusted organization, transferred data securely,
and/or operated on e.g. plain text, then some of my points would
not apply.

> What would be a trustworty offline CSS minifier?

FWIW, YUI compressor is what I use for DFeed.