10 Tips for Better Pull Requests

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 16 22:31:57 PST 2015

On Friday, 16 January 2015 at 23:51:40 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> It may not directly impact the quality of the product, but it
> *could* affect morale (potential contributor looks at the PR
> list, sees it's 90+, and feels that it's unlikely his
> contributions
> will ever get accepted, so gives up before even trying), which
> in the long run does have impact on product quality.
> Unfortunately, contributors are not machines, so such emotional
> factors can and do make a difference.

I agree, H.S... nurturing the contributor experience should be
the only consideration. But I doubt people care about numbers.
Instead, they care that *their* suggestion, *their* improvement
is responded to. I'd venture to say that nothing matters more
than knowing that one has been heard.