Cross compiler for embedded microcontrollers ?

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 17 08:53:25 PST 2015

Thank you both Mike and Timo for clearing these things up. :)
(I had the impression that multilib replaced glibcc, not the
other way round - but clearly that's not what it was about).

I've spent around 3 years on getting my toolchain working (!)
-This is because I'm on a PowerPC based Mac. I can't just run
some "do-it-for-you" script that other people uses for their
toolchains; they all fail.

So I had to do everything the hard way.

I have multilib working, but I don't have it working with a
toolchain that includes GDC.

My toolchain is still alpha, and it will not work on Mac Pro with
clang, but it might be useful for people wanting alternatives to
the other toolchains.
So hereby the first public reference to it:

http://toolchain.gpio.dk/

Caveat: I may be experimentally changing it while you're viewing
it, so  you may get real annoyed with me, if you're in the middle
of a build, and I've been messing with the Web-page and making
draft-changes there. The original purpose of the page was to have
a step-by-step guide for myself.

Note: Although it's "prepared" for gdc, there's no steps
(currently) for a successful build of gcc with gdc. But I do
believe that one day, there will be a lot of people using D for
embedded instead of C, as it's a far more suitable language for
small devices.