Eliminate comparison.html?

Mathias LANG via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 17 09:51:55 PST 2015

On Saturday, 17 January 2015 at 17:32:43 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> In https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/778
> I'm proposing replacing
>
> http://dlang.org/comparison.html
>
> with
>
> http://erdani.com/d/comparison.html
>
> The silly one-column comparison was a vestige of a multi-column
> comparison that did more harm than good. I replaced it with a
> simple hierarchical list.
>
> However I wonder if we should eliminate the page altogether, or
> redo it completely. Thoughts?
>

> Andrei

http://dlang.org/features2.html - http://dlang.org/D1toD2.html
Maybe a good step for 2015 is to get ride of those.

Regarding comparison, it feels a bit redundant with overview.
However, your version is way easyier to "parse" than the wall of
text in overview.
IMO, adding the missing links would make it a suitable
replacement.