dlang.org should do it in style

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 17 15:18:39 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 02:36:03PM -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 1/17/15 2:24 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> >I rather that we use font-based metrics (e.g. 40em) instead of pixel
> >sizes. That way the layout won't break or look horrible if the user
> >changes the default font sizes (e.g. for special needs, etc.) or
> >doesn't maximize his browser window.
> >
> >But that's just my opinion.
> >
> >Also, I am skeptical of a single style that will work for both
> >desktop and mobile browsers. Isn't that what mobile stylesheets are
> >for? We can have the same content, but we shouldn't break the desktop
> >layout or make it look laughably spaced out just for the sake of
> >mobile devices. Let the mobile devices have their own stylesheet.
>
> Could you please run some experiments and see where they take us? --
> Andrei

I'm busy working on splitting up std.algorithm into more manageable
chunks... currently I can't even run the unittests on my machine anymore
because it eats up all available RAM.

So far I've managed to successfully extricate the set operations into
their own submodule (and pass unittests!).

So yeah... too busy to look into web stuff atm.

PNP = Plug 'N' Pray