post qualifier and template constraint limitation, is there a reason ?

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 17 16:06:51 PST 2015

On Saturday, 17 January 2015 at 21:15:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/17/2015 8:56 AM, deadalnix wrote:
>> On Saturday, 17 January 2015 at 10:05:29 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:

>>> There was no known reason to.
>>
>> Is that possible to make it work then ? Should I open a bug ?
>
> Sure, but you'll need a rationale that is better than "why not"
> :-)

Because I can never remember which one it is and run into the
wrong case 50% of the time. I'd assume that I'm not the only one,
but, as I have done for ages, do not consider this as an issue
big enough to complain. This is the kind of thing that drain you
productivity minute by minute.

Kind of like

class C(T) : B if(...) {} vs class C(T) if(...) : B {}

That Brian mentioned in his DConf talk. It is just another
instance of the same problem. Only one used to be accepted, but
now both are valid. It looks like to me like another instance of
the same problem.