Can D get on XBone and PS4?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 17 22:48:43 PST 2015

I just stumbled across this article from a year ago, which says
the PS4 toolchain is based on llvm/clang:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTU1MTY

I know some here were excited about the possibility of getting D
on the new consoles since they were switching to x86, but is that
really possible?  I googled other alternative compiled languages
combined with playstation 4 and found... nothing.

I don't know if Sony/Microsoft put in legal roadblocks to using
anything other than the officially supported languages for game
development on their consoles.  If not, this could be a good way
to differentiate D, especially given the current nogc focus.

Perhaps Manu or one of the the other game developers can comment
on the feasibility of getting D on the major consoles.